Okay, so I haven’t written much in the past few days because we’ve been out of town for the last week. We’re back in Oklahoma for bambam’s (that’s the grandma!) second knee surgery. (It went well and she’s recuperating fast, yay!)
Anyway, so to get something on the blog I thought of this silly post to tell whoever is listening about the things that I am liking now…
So, here is my great list of the latest whims and likes as of late…
- Making Scoubidou bracelets! Yes, we were recently at the bookstore kids’ section with my husband and daughter and I found this fun book on making Scoubidou bracelets, keychains, etc… I quickly snatched it for myself as it reminded me of when we used to obsessively work on bracelet after bracelet during recess at school. So, that’s what I am doing now in my free time… I am working on my fourth one!
- My fluffy and super-soft yellow North Face jacket… I finally was abe to buy one for myself after an exceptionally good month of writing at Examiner… When we came to OK last winter everyone had one of these cute, warm soft things, but I found out they were a bit expensive so I out off buying one. But, I caved in when I had that bit extra from my endless hours of writing about celebrities and television (you check out my articles here and here!) and I got me my new soft clothing essential!
- Vans sneakers! These shoes are soooo comfortable, and look so cute too! They remind me of my high school days in the 80s when we used to wear the then-fashionable Keds… These are like Keds on steroids! They have a super thick sole and look good on just about anyone. They go with everything and work almost all year long. They also come in tons of colors so you can match them to all your outfits.
- I love me a cute planner to write down all my to-do lists, schedules, appointments, bills etc… I love all types of stationary and planners that have cute graphics on them that make it fun to write in it! I like the ones that can be refilled, this way I can change the paper and use different ones to change it up a bit.
- One of my favorite bath items is lotion and I recently re-discovered Burt’s Bees lotions in a couple of great scents. I was looking for a natural lotion that had a nice lasting smell that was honey-like. So I tesed a few and found that the Burt’s Bees Aloe and Buttermilk and the Cocoa and Cupuacu scents are awesome. They stay for a long time on and smell so soft and nice. But, my most favorite I also found out, is actually the Baby Lotion! Man, it smells awesome, I love it and use it on myself as well as on my 4-year-old girl. Another great lotion I recently discovered is from the School of Wash line. These are hand made lotions by a mom, and are all natural too! I love how soft they leave the skin and the best part is that they come in a plethora of scents to please just about anyone and their whole families! I tried the ‘Honey’ scent which is very nice. I actually reviewed it here on the blog. Check it out here.
Okay, there you have it, the things I am liking now! Do you have any special items you are particularly into lately? Drop me off a comment below to let me know!Pin It